Whether it is a car, truck or motorcycle that you drive, before you can register any vehicle to be driven on Australian roads, you will need CTP insurance.
Have you ever worried about what would happen if you were to injure somebody in a motor vehicle accident that was your fault? This is what your Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance is there for. Provided your vehicle is registered, your CTP insurance will cover you for any liability you incur for injuries you may cause to other road users anywhere in Australia.
What does your CTP insurance cover?
- Injuries caused to your passengers
- Injuries caused to other road users such as drivers, passengers of other vehicles, pedestrians, cyclists, motor cyclists and pillion passengers
- Injuries caused through the use of a trailer when attached to a registered vehicle
What does your CTP insurance not cover?
- Damage caused to property including other vehicles
- Injuries sustained by you or any other driver of your vehicle